Carolyn Parker, LCPC, SEP, has been interested in healing/psychotherapy for as long as she can remember. An intuitive and empathic counselor, Carolyn believes her role as a therapist is to meet clients where they are, to walk through challenges with them as they grow and change. Carolyn brings a wealth of experience, over the years, to her work over the years, serving in leadership roles in the military, faith and business arenas as well as a community advocate. Her passion for deeper healing and understanding of human development brought her to the Somatic Psychotherapy world.
Carolyn has extensive experience working with traumatized youth, families and communities and treats PTSD effectively through her Somatic Experiencing training. She provides expert grief counseling, including providing support through painful transitions such as divorce, the loss of a loved one, deployment, or the loss of a job with a body-mind lens. Carolyn is also strong in helping clients managing anxiety, depression, and relationship issues. Her master’s level research led to her interest in working with post surgical issues and women’s healthcare, including navigating miscarriages, perinatal, postnatal adjustments, along with pre and post abortion experiences.
Using techniques such as Somatic Experiencing, Internal Family Systems, Psychodynamic Therapy, play and CBT, Carolyn works with the unique needs of each client to feel safe. Her goal is help clients of all ages live their best life.
Carolyn is the mother of 3 adult children and enjoys spending joyful time with them. In her off hours she enjoys reading, walking, hiking, kayaking, yoga, cooking, traveling, and trying new things.
- Graduated with a BA in Psychology from California State University, San Marcos in 1996 (Magna Cum Laude)and received an MA in General Experimental Psychology from California State University, San Marcos in2003.
- Graduated with MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at National Louis University in 2018.
- Trained as a Rainbows For All Children Facilitator
- Served as Psychotherapist and Director of Bullying Prevention Program at Youth & Family Counseling in Libertyville, IL
- Trained as a Somatic Experiencing Professional (SEP) 2019-2022
Still Have Questions?
Contact us today to schedule your first appointment or receive additional information.