Reshma Lagomarcino, LCPC, RYT has been in the field for 15 years, working in adult inpatient hospital settings, adult psychosocial rehabilitation programs, providing case management for early intervention, and more recently has been in a private practice setting for over a decade. For most of her career, she has worked with trauma survivors and enjoys working with adolescents and adults.
She works in an organic, responsive way with her clients and provides a safe and nurturing environment together. Much of her clinical work as a therapist has been focused on working with those who have experienced childhood trauma, PTSD, sexual trauma, relational trauma, physical trauma, dissociation, anxiety, depression and how trauma affects our sense of safety, well-being, health, and relationships.
Reshma is also a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and knows that yoga can be beneficial for a variety of issues. She will incorporate yoga techniques in her work with you when appropriate. Her belief that body-based therapies can help us release stress and trauma that our bodies hold, is what led her to starting her training in Somatic Experiencing, enjoying exploring the new possibilities that creates for clients.
Reshma is married, has two bi-racial, bi-cultural children and enjoys spending time with her family and reading in her free time. Her parents immigrated from India and she is bi-lingual, also fluent in Gujarati.
- Graduated with a BA in Applied Psychology from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2005 and obtained her MA in Community Counseling from Argosy University in 2008
- Completed her Yoga Teacher Training in 2019
- Obtained trauma model therapy certificate from the Colin Ross Institute and Cognitive Processing Therapy certificate
- Provided and offered groups for women sexual assault survivors, male survivors of sexual trauma, relational trauma groups as well as women of color who experience racial trauma and facilitated trauma informed yoga groups.
- Currently in the process of obtaining her Somatic Experiencing Practitioner certificate
Still Have Questions?
Contact us today to schedule your first appointment or receive additional information.